Meeting Facilitation Techniques
Take away benefits
- Poise and confidence in managing groups
- Ability to help teams achieve tasks
- Lead groups to improved performance
- Enhanced interpersonal skills
- New tools to apply in a variety of group situations
This workshop uses an action learning methodology to develop excellence in facilitators so that they can help people in teams collaborate, innovate, and work productively together.
Structured simulations offer insight and expertise in the critical competencies of facilitation – managing participation, achieving consensus, keeping focus, clarifying, summarizing, stimulating creativity, boosting energy and enthusiasm and finishing on time.
- Understanding participant needs
- The role and style of the facilitator
- The basic skills – verbal and non-verbal
- Managing task, process, and emotions
- The dynamics of groups
- Tools and intervention techniques -icebreakers and energizers
- Keeping energy high and maintaining focus on objectives